This afternoon, your firefighters overcame a difficult fire in the West End. Flames had silently spread through the walls of an apartment building on Union Ave. Typical of older apartment buildings, hidden spaces in the walls had allowed fire to spread unnoticed from the basement to the top floor.
NEW ROCHELLE – A fire spread from the basement to the top floor of a three-story building on Union Avenue after a boiler malfunctioned Thursday evening. Police said all eight apartments were destroyed, and at least 15 people, possibly more, were displaced.